fot. Łukasz Sosiński
Galeria Sztuki Współczesnej
pl. Teatralny 12
Exhibition of Cathy Van Eck, Gizela Mickiewicz, Vladan Radovanović, Łukasz Rodziewicz, Łukasz Sosiński, Konrad Smoleński
with a program of live or/and ghost appearances of Art & Language with The Red Krayola, Asi Mina, John Baldessari, BNNT, David Bowie, Sebastian Buczek, Erik Bünger, Douglas Gordon, Dan Graham, Jealousy Party, Hilary Jeffery, Sol LeWitt, Natalia Przybysz, Piotr Kurek, Barbara Kinga Majewska, Marc Marcovic, Stíne Janvin Motland, Áine O'Dwyer, Roger Payne, Susan Philipsz, Lou Reed & The Velvet Underground, Jerzy Rogiewicz, Kamil Szuszkiewicz, Gregory Whitehead and Hubert Zemler.
Canti Espositi is an exhibition of contemporary art and at the same time set design for a song festival. Or: it is a festival happening on three stages of which amplification systems are designed by artists. Over the course of two months, Gallery of Contemporary Arts in Opole will be filled with art pieces which consist of loudspeakers. On weekends, the same pieces will serve as artistic PA systems for concerts, performances, radio plays and films.
Loudspeakers and songs - inconspicious elements of our every day life discreetly inhabited by voices of human who are not or have never been present; tools of propaganda and erotic seduction; nooks and crannies controlled by electricity and teeth chattered and driving our ears crazy; simulations of collective experiences and inner voices more real than the voices from the speakers. In short - all that a proper festival needs.
- Performance of Cathy van Eck
- Curatorial guided tour
- Performance of Aine O'Dwyer
- Performative installation Degrees of Freedom - BNNT (Smolenski & Szwed)
- Films: „John Baldessari sings Sol LeWitt”, Art & Language with The Red Krayola, „Nine Gross and Conspicious Errors”, Dan Graham, „Rock My Religion”
- Performance of Erik Bunger „The Third Man”
- Concert of Stíne Janvin Motland
- Concert of Marc Marcovic
- Concert of Jealousy Party
- Audio projection of Susan Philipsz „Ziggy Stardust”
- Film projection of „Douglas Gordon sings the best of Lou Reed and Velvet Underground”
- Concert of Sebastian Buczek „Wabienie dziewic”
- Workshops for children by Asi Mina,
- Listening session: „Songs of the Humpback Whale” by Roger Payne
- Radio plays by Gregory Whitehead, „Crazy Horse, One-Eight” and „Nothing Like Us Ever Was”.
- Radio performance of Alessandro Bosetti „Regular Measures”
- Opera of Piotr Kurek „Ivy Snowstalkers of Ancient Apron” with Natalia Przybysz, Barbara Kinga Majewska, Hilary Jeffery, Kamil Szuszkiewicz, Hubert Zemler and Jerzy Rogiewicz.
- Radio play by Kamil Szuszkiewicz „Robot Czarek”
- Concert of Piotr Kurek